Jump Rope Throw Down Submission
2023 Online Qualifier
This year, 16 athletes will compete across two separate divisions (Female and Open divisions) for a cash prize. 4 spots in each division will be filled through the Online Qualifier taking place January to April.
When To Submit
THE SOONER YOU SUBMIT, THE BETTER YOUR SHOT! - Submit your public YouTube link to the pool via THIS LINK. Every month, our judges will select the top submission from each division and the submitter will be awarded a spot at the 2023 Jump Rope Throw Down. Your video will stay and be considered for every month after it is submitted, but you ARE allowed to submit a new and updated video each month! This means that if you submit in January, you will have 4 chances to be picked + less competition!
- SUBMISSION WINDOW 1 Jan 1 - Jan 31
- SUBMISSION WINDOW 2 Feb 1 - Feb 28
- SUBMISSION WINDOW 3 Mar 1 - Mar 31
- SUBMISSION WINDOW 4 Apr 1 - Apr 30
Open Division Entries
Women's Division Entries
Submission Rules + Guidelines:
- Length: The video should be no longer than 90 seconds (if longer, nothing past 90 seconds will be considered)
- Jumper must be over the age of 14
- The focus should be on the jumper
- Only one person (the jumper) should be visible and performing
- The face of the participant has to be visible throughout the video (at least once in every scene)
- No crash pads allowed (mats under 1 inch are acceptable)
- Show the landings; all landings must be visible
- Video must be hosted as a PUBLIC youtube video titled “YOUR NAME Elite SRS Jump Rope Throwdown Submission”
- SUBMIT HERE
How Will the Submissions Be Judged?
A team of esteemed jump rope athletes will judge each video in the pool at the closing of every period.
- Creativity: Use your body and your rope as creatively as you can
- Difficulty: Make moves that stand out + make the judges jaw drop
- Flow: Combine your moves, try out cool combos instead of just showing off separate tricks
- Execution: The steeze factor. Show the judges that you have total control of your moves. Make sure that you show them your safe and clean landings - this is crucially important to the judges
- The Jump Rope Usage - This is a JUMP ROPE COMPETITION! This category scores you on how well you incorporated the rope in your movements. (i.e. actually using the rope/ turning it around you/ doing releases NOT just power moves holding a rope)