A heavy 1.5lb jump rope featuring a thick 12mm PVC cord that creates both weight and wind resistance. Recommended for intermediate to advanced jumpers who want to challenge themselves.
Rope Usage: This style of heavy jump rope is used by Muay Thai fighters to build grip strength and muscle endurance for grappling. Designed to engage the core, back, shoulder and arms that don't normally get a workout.
Smooth spin: Most weighted jump ropes are clunky and difficult to spin. The Elite SRS Muay Thai's dual ball bearing design makes for a fast smooth spin, making it easy for beginners to develop rhythm and fast enough for double unders.
Heavy Duty: This rope was designed to last and take the abuse of the gym and endurance workouts. Upgraded 12mm PVC cord can be used on outdoor and rough surfaces. Industrial grade 4.7" long handles are made of an ultra durable unbreakable plastic.
Suitable for Men & Women:
At about 1.5lbs this rope is heavy, but not too heavy to be suitable for both men and women. The resistance is created by the "drag" of the rope through the air; greater resistance is created by spinning the rope more quickly.
Weight varies by rope length:
- 8ft - 1.3lbs (heights under 5'8")
- 9ft - 1.5lbs heights 5'9" to 6'1")
- 10ft - 1.7lbs (heights 6'2" and over)
- 12mm diameter hollow core PVC rope
- 4.75" long dual-ball bearing handles (rope is secured in handle with a metal bolt).
- Dual ball bearings in handles improve spin and eliminate PVC wear at handle.